Want to learn how to easily make a wreath with felt flowers? Keep reading to see how to put together this adorable mini rolled felt flower hoop wreath!
Today I have a mini felt flower wreath project for you, utilizing several of our easy DIY rolled felt flower templates and tutorials.
This wreath would be great to use in a nursery, or add a personal touch to your wall decor, or to give as a gift. It’s simple, beautiful and easy!
*This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll make a commission if you make a purchase.
DIY Felt Flower Wreath Kit
Here are the materials and rolled felt flower templates and tutorials you’ll need to create this wreath:
- 6″ sewing hoop (I used the inner hoop)
- Green leaf decorative trim (this brand is Merchant 41)
- 1 sheet of Kunin classic felt in Sandstone
- 1 sheet of Kunin classic felt in Ocean Blue
- 1 sheet of Ecofi Plus premium felt in Prickly Purple
- Hot glue gun
- Strong scissors or wire cutters (to cut decorative trim)
- Optinal small piece of carbaord (to stabilize flowers)
- 2 of the basic rolled felt flowers – check out the tutorial
- 2 of our rolled felt rosettes – check out the tutorial
- 2 of our rolled felt daisy templates
You can view the tutorials and download the patterns here for the roses and daisies. The basic rolled flower does not have a pattern but you can cut this type of flower freehand. Check out the tutorial here.
I got everything to make this wreath at Hobby Lobby. If you don’t have Hobby Lobby nearby, check online or find similar products at your local craft store.
How to Make a Felt Flower Wreath
Start by downloading the templates and cutting out your flower patterns with the felt colors of your choice.
I made 2 of each type of flower. I also made the 3 different types of flowers in different sizes so there is some variety in the wreath.
- I made the 2 Sandstone color flowers using the basic rolled flower tutorial.
- Next, I made the 2 Prickly Purple color flowers using the rolled rose pattern.
- Next, I made the 2 Ocean Blue flowers using the daisy pattern. I don’t have an actual tutorial for this pattern, but it’s as easy as cutting out the pattern, adding hot glue along the bottom edge and rolling the flower as you go.
- You could optionally hand-cut some leaves and glue them to your flowers.
Now it’s time to assemble the wreath.
Measure the green leaf decorative trim along your sewing hoop and use wire cutters to cut the trim.
Use your hot glue gun to attach the green leaf trim around the edge of the sewing hoop.
How to Attach Felt Flowers to Wreath
Arrange your 6 flowers the way you like them before you start gluing them down.
They can sit on top of the hoop itself, or on the inside or outside of the hoop.
Here I decided to arrange them on the inside of the hoop.
Once you decide the placement of the flowers, use your hot glue gun to attach them to the sewing hoop.
I also used a small piece of cardboard behind the flowers to help stabilize them and keep them in place. The flowers towards the middle didn’t have anything to be glued to so the cardboard came in handy and gave me a place to glue those flowers to. I glued the edge of it to the back of the hoop as well.
And there you have it — a simple yet beautiful wreath using simple rolled felt flowers!
Love this easy felt flower wreath craft? Be sure to share and pin it for later, and check out my other felt flower crafts on Indoorzy as well!
✎ Written By: Stephanie
Stephanie is passionate about creating beautiful easy DIY crafts for the home. On Indoorzy she shares felt craft tutorials and templates to make felt flower decor by hand, or with the help of a Cricut.